Prayer and Devotion to God
Will you be bored in heaven? (2 Cor 11:4)
Read 1 Sam 12:23
1. How many minutes do you pray every day? Some time ago a poll was conducted in another church, and the answers disturbed the pastor. The average daily time in prayer was less than five minutes per day. For many people in churches in America though, the answer would probably be similar? Why do you think that is?
Rev 2:4 and Rev 5:8
2. Perhaps we have a basic misunderstanding of the importance of prayer, how to pray, and what to expect from it. People who are otherwise good Christians can have trouble with their teenagers due to a lack of communication with their kids; they can have marital problems due to lack of communication with their spouse. However, can a person really be a good Christian if he has a communication problem with God?
Ps 32:5, Ps 92:1, Ps 95:2, Ps 5:1-2, Ps 125:4-5
3. What are the five (or four) types of prayer? Which one are you strongest in? Why? Which one are you weakest in? Why?
4. How does prayer help you?
5. For what other reasons (besides those given in question 2) should you pray? (Heb 13:15)
6. Should you pray when you do not really feel like praying? Will your prayer be effective?
7. What hindrances do you have to your praying? (Ps 66:18-19) What do you really mean when you say, "I do not have time to pray"?
8. Do the following verses describe your heart towards God? Ps 42:1-2, Ps 16:2, Ps 27:4.
For more info please contact Christian Debater™ P.O. Box 144441 Austin, TX 78714
by Steven M. Morrison, PhD.